[about KIC main contents]
Kyoto Foreign Investment Promotion Committee
KIC, Kyoto Foreign Investment Promotion Committee, was founded in April 2003 to offer support and information about Kyoto to foreign companies, individual business person and researchers to start business in Kyoto.
The Committee members
Kyoto Prefectural Government
To promote venture business or new industry, active promotion plans are taken to support to form the “New Kyoto Brand”, for example, 1) IT related field including mobile phone technology, 2) experiment industry related field, 3) healthcare creation (wellness) industry related field, 4) environment related field, 5) movie and image industry related field.
City of Kyoto
Kyoto City has set up a counseling desk for domestic and foreign companies who are looking for the land to situate their Japanese headquarters, factory, or laboratory in Kyoto. The desk will kindly and carefully answer any questions including questions related to subsidies and loans, Japanese laws and regulations, real estate matters, etc.
The Kyoto Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Cooperating with its internationally-oriented members, the Kyoto Chamber of Commerce and Industry supports the business strategies of foreign companies. In addition, the chamber maintains good relations with foreign chambers, companies and governments to create good business opportunities for its members.
The Foundation of the Kansai Research Institute
The Kansai Research Institute (Keihanna) is located on a green hill where Kyoto, Osaka and Nara prefectures meet. There are already more than 118 facilities operating at this site, working on pioneering studies related to information sciences, biotechnologies, material creation, robot technologies, optical engineering (lasers), etc.
Kyoto Research Park (KRP)
Kyoto Research Park Corporation is the operating company of Kyoto Research Park, created in 1989 as the first private-sector research park in Japan. We aim to provide not only office space and a laboratory space, but also activities to support companies and foster partnerships among industry, academia and government. We aim to be a hub of innovation bringing together people, ideas and companies so that we can create new regional businesses and contribute to building collaborative networks among industry, academia and government.
Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) Kyoto
The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) is a government-related organization promoting mutual trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world. We offer foreign investors with abundant information on all aspects of doing business in Japan, by providing expert consultation and offering free temporary office space. Talk to JETRO first and see more of what we offer to help set up your business in Japan.
Achievement of Actual Activities
- Exhibited at the Japan-China Factory Network Business Conference in Shanghai: at Shanghai, China on September 11-12
- Accepted as the Japanese Delegation to the Chamber of Commerce in India: at Kansai Science City on April 10
- Japan-Taiwan Joint Business Conference in Kyoto: at Kyoto Research Park, Kansai Science City and more on December 6-7
- World Forum MEDICAL Device in KANSAI 2011 Kyoto Program: at Kansai Science City on February 25
- India IT Club/Keihanna Science City Seminar: at Kansai Science City on November 6
- Beijing Zhongguancun Exchange Assistance Project: on March 15-18, October 13-19
- Japan-South Korea Mobile Business Exchange Meetin: at Kyoto Research Park on October 9
- Support provided by Kyoto Prefecture for the “Support Project for Inviting Foreign Companies” of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Operating the “Analytical research of international R&D cooperation trend among companies and universities in Kyoto”
- Kyoto Investment Seminar: at the headquarters of JETRO Osaka on May 15
- KansaiScienceCity Industrial Trip: at Kansai Science City on September 27
- Kyoto-Florence Business Exchange: at Kyoto Chamber of Commerce and Industry on October 24
- The 12th Project of Promoting Investment in Japan - in fields of medical equipment, medical services etc: at Kyoto Research Park on January 23
- Kyoto Conference for Foreign Investment Promotion in Japan: at Kansai Science City on March 17
- U.S.-Japan Investment Seminar: at Kyoto Research Park on April 7
- Kyoto Investment Seminar: at the headquarters of Japan Bank for International Cooperation on October 15
- China and Japan Economic Discussion, Industrial Tour: at Kyoto Katsura Innovation Park and Kyoto University Katsura campus on November 10
- Kyoto Business Seminar: at the headquarters of Japan Bank for International Cooperation on July 15
- India IT Seminar in Kyoto with the Indian IT Club, NASSCOM: at Kyoto Chamber of Commerce and Industry on December 4